Here are the top ten tips to help college students study from home. With every announcement, you could provide student success tips and/ or create a pinned discussion board for sharing tips for survival. We all need the motivation to keep going. Here are the top ten tips for helping your students study from home:
- Stay calm and check your email
- Create a daily schedule including breaks, meals, phone time
- Create your at-home workspace
- Don’t multitask; turn off your phone during dedicated study time
- Announce to the household that you are in study time and it’s time to leave you alone
- Create group chats and study groups with classmates
- If you are feeling lost, reach out to your classmates, teacher or tutors for help
- If you are feeling sad or lonely, reach out for help
- Move your body and make sure to exercise at least once a day
- Remember to communicate!
You can also use a free tool to share your video and screen like Camtasia or Screencast-O-matic.
Listen to the Best Practices for Remote Teaching Webinar Part 4 recording to learn more.